The National Buy a Book Day Foundation
The National Buy a Book Day Foundation’s primary activity is educating the American people on the importance of books to our culture and community by encouraging citizens to go to any bookstore and buy a book on September 7th of each year, which we hope to establish as National Buy a Book Day. The entire organization will be involved in this activity, which is an annual event, every September 7th, conducted nationwide at any bookstore either physical or online. By buying a book together, as a community, every year on the same day, we come together in support of books. This is the exclusive goal of the organization, and it is funded entirely from public and corporate donations.
What the National Buy a Book Day Foundation will do:
- Raise awareness of National Buy a Book Day with point-of-sale items in physical and online booksellers.
- Raise awareness of National Buy a Book Day through public and media outreach.
- Provide scholarships for students pursuing careers in publishing, writing, and bookselling.
How the National Buy a Book Day Foundation will do this:
- Printing and distribution of point-of-sale materials, funded entirely through donations.
- Media outreach by members of the board of directors and prominent supporters of the organization and the event.
- Maintaining a robust web presence including opportunities to donate money, volunteer, and order materials.
Who will do this work on behalf of the National Buy a Book Day Foundation:
- The National Buy a Book Day Foundation is entirely dependent on volunteers to conduct all activities.